> From: David Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: TomCat question
>
> That depends on the all important version of tomcat you are using.
> Versions 5.5.x and 6.0.x at least should run on a j2se no problem.

I think you're confusing the OP's question with the more typical one about JRE
vs JDK.  Tomcat versions prior to 5.5 required a JDK due to the dependence on
javac from the JDK's tools.jar; newer Tomcat levels include a compiler.

> > We are porting Sun J2SE to our platform and would like to
> > know if TomCat can run on J2SE.

It's Tomcat, not TomCat, and yes, it runs happily on our ported J2SE
environment.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.