Tnx for the quick reply.
Reading about clusters I see all session data needs to be Serializable, in
our case this is not possible.
What we use today is a load-balancer, disconnecting one server for new
connections, waiting for all sessions to expire, upgrade, and put the server
back on the load-balancer. This takes time, as some users are working all
day long. As the number of servers grows, this becomes a nightmare.

Does anybody now of a tool to do this job easier?

Tnx!
Jst.

> Hot deployment of a new version of war file while users are still working
on
> the old one.
>
> On a Tomcat server, users are using our application.
>
> I would like to be able to upload a new version, using the same name, so
> current users continue using the old version(until session timeout), and
new
> users use the new version.

Not possible with a single Tomcat instance. Easy with a simple two node
cluster.

Mark