If you have two completely separate installations, you should specify a
catalina home in the batch file that starts the instance, if just the config
an apps are separate, specify a catalina base in the startup fileAlso you
could use http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8561 for a more step by step
approach to configuring multiple instances
You should be able to create a service for each instance (specify the
service name with the service.bat)
I found all the links so far by googling for 'tomcat multiple instances
windows' (without the quotes)

Regards,

Serge Fonville