> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Thread Dumps/ Emailing Results...
>
> I have written a script to check for OOMs by checking catalina.out
> for "OutOfMemoryError". When such an error is detected, I run the
> following commands (apologies for the line wrapping):

An easier way to get the heap dump on a modern HotSpot JVM is to add the
command-line option:
  -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError

Also, in JDK 6 and above, there's another intriguing option:
  -XX:OnOutOfMemoryError="<command>"

The above will run an external command to do whatever you deem appropriate,
such us running the thread dump script you provided.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.