> From: slytheman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Tomcat Manager problem..

Don't suppose you'd care to tell us your Tomcat version?  It makes a
significant difference.

> <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
>       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>       xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>   <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>           directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
>           timestamp="true"/>

There is no <Logger> element in any recent version of Tomcat, but then, you
didn't tell us what you're using.

> </Host>
> <Host name="www.domain.com" appBase="webapps/www.domain.com"

You must not nest one appBase within another - keep them entirely separate.

>       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>       xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
> </Host>

> my website is in webapps which works...

No, your webapps are stored in webapps for the default <Host>, and must be in a
completely separate directory for the www.domain.com <Host>.

> in the Catalina folder I have
> Catalina/localhost/manager.xml
> Catalina/www.domain.com/manager.xml
> manager.xml  :
> <Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
>          docBase="/opt/tomcat/webapps/manager">
> </Context>

The path attribute is not allowed, again assuming you're running a 5.5 or 6.0
version of Tomcat.  Also, if the "webapps" directory in your docBase is the
same as the default <Host> appBase directory, that's not allowed - it confuses
the webapp deployment process by having such overlap.  The proper way to do
this depends on what version of Tomcat you're using (which you didn't tell us).

> What AM I doing wrong???

Not telling us your Tomcat version.  Wouldn't hurt to include other
environmental information, such as OS and JDK versions.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.