I have an application that requires some settings in a <Context> configuration element. For a variety of reasons, I do not want to include the context.xml in my app's META-INF path within the WAR file. Based on the Tomcat 6 documentation, it seems like I should be able to define a $TOMCAT_HOME/Catalina/localhost/MyApp.xml file for the application with a context root of /MyApp. That's what I've been trying to do.

The problem is that the file gets deleted every time a redeploy a new MyApp.war file to the webapps folder. Perhaps this would stop happening if I disable auto-deployment, but I really want to keep auto- deployment on while I'm deploying frequently.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to define app-specific context that does not get deleted every time I redeploy the app?

Thanks

- Tim