Alberto Jesus La Rosa Agramonte wrote:
Hi, I have installed apache tomcat 5.5 and giving me problems with
memory, this is the configuration that I have now, someone can help me
to optimize this, or tell me if this right.The server have 3 gb of
RAM. Thanks
What kind of problems are you having?  Using too much?  Not using enough?

# Run Tomcat as this user ID (default: tomcat55). Set this to an empty string
# to prevent Tomcat from starting.
#TOMCAT5_USER=tomcat55

# The home directory of the Java development kit (JDK). You need at least
# JDK version 1.4. If JAVA_HOME is not set, some common directories for
# the Sun JDK, various J2SE 1.4 versions, and the free runtimes
# java-gcj-compat-dev and kaffe are tried.
JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07"

# Directory for per-instance configuration files and webapps. It contain the
# directories conf, logs, webapps, work and temp. See RUNNING.txt for details.
# Default: /var/lib/tomcat5.5
#CATALINA_BASE=/var/lib/tomcat5.5

# Arguments to pass to the Java virtual machine (JVM)
# "-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx128M" is automatically set if CATALINA_OPTS
# is left empty here
CATALINA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx2048M -server \
              -XX:MaxPermSize=512m \
              -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC \
              -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled \
              -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled"

# Java compiler to use for translating JavaServer Pages (JSPs). You can use all
# compilers that are accepted by Ant's build.compiler property.
#JSP_COMPILER=jikes

# Use the Java security manager? (yes/no, default: yes)
# WARNING: Do not disable the security manager unless you understand
# the consequences!
# NOTE: java-gcj-compat-dev currently doesn't support a security
# manager.
TOMCAT5_SECURITY=no

# Timeout in seconds for the shutdown procedure (default: 30). The Java
# processes will be killed if tomcat5.5 has not stopped until then.
#TOMCAT5_SHUTDOWN=30