On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Dan Armbrust
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, I don't know about always.  I have yet to find a 1.6 JDK from
> Sun that is even close to stable.  With heavy use (especially heavy
> multithreaded use), we have found that all of the available 1.6 JDK's
> segfault.

hmm, what kind of heavy use?
We are using java version "1.6.0_05" for I think 6 Month now (since
end of march 08) and we had not a single issue with it and found it
better than 1.5.
Considering that the whole 1.6 release was maintenance and performance
release I would be surprised otherwise. It's actually first time I
hear omeone complaining about 1.6

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode)

Leon

P.S. We are running about 70 VMs on about 20 machines with top
services serving ~3000 requests per second and more with about 1000
threads.