I am a java noob. Been trying out the examples from Oreilly's Head
First Servlets & JSP.

I am using Tomcat 5.5 running on Mac Os X 10.5.

I created webapps/Beer-v1 and dropped in a plain html file. On
accessing it at http://localhost:8080/Beer-v1/form.html, I get the
html page as expected. But after adding webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
containing the following, I don't get anything other than a 404.

________________________________

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";
version="2.4">

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>Ch3 Beer</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.shoan.web.BeerSelect</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>Ch3 Beer</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/SelectBeer.do</url-pattern>
<servlet-mapping>
</web-app>
_______________________________

The error I get is

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

message

description The requested resource () is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.27

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Peace,