Thanks a lot Filip !
Well I tried to set up the log4j.properties at the server as well as the
application level  to include these categories but it dosent seem to work,
i.e I couldnt see the traces specific to sessions .

Is there any specific trace that could enable the sessionID to appear in the
logs, i .e the ID being replicated to the other nodes ?

I also read that the session attributes must be implemented with a
serializable interface. For the jpetstore application , does this mean that
the data items that are pushed into the cart also be serializable?
Sorry for too many questions but  a bit confused.

Best Regards,
Anupam