Dear Leon,

well, downloaded, installed, started, klicked, ... deleted...

you should announce that your war is SENDING DATA to the central
server in LARGE letters :-)

which users are you targeting? No one i know (and i'm in the webapp
business for about 10 years) will ever going to use this stuff, since
its opposes all security guidelines which exists in the real
applications world, without considering if its useful or not. It may
sound a bit harsh, but any admin who installs java-monitor webapp on
companies server should be fired at once (and probably will be).

Oh, don't be so dramatic. There is a whole world out there of smaller companies that have one or two Tomcat servers in production, running on the cheapest shared server environment they could find. This product targets companies that have two or three developers, one of whom has been pressed into doing the admin role on the side.

I apologize if the operational model of Java-monitor startled you. That was not my intention. It works this way because that takes the care and feeding of the monitoring platform away from the user. Some people like that while others, such as yourself, prefer not to work like this.

Even in large companies, Java-monitor has its place. I spoke to one of my users this week and he tells me that he uses Java-monitor on the test machine because the process of getting JBoss performance statistics out of their hosting company takes days. I like it because I can check the status of my servers from my iPhone.
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
06-51838192

Rule 1 for being in a hole: stop digging.