> From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> That's ugly.  Sounds like either the OS failed to deliver the
> signal, or the JVM is locked up internally (probably the
> latter).

That's rather what I was reckoning.  I've had signal delivery fail before if
all the threads were stuck in kernel code via system calls.  This was SunOS
3.x, which shows my age - NFS was kernel-mode at that point, which made for
interesting times if file accesses got stuck.  Processes not responding to a
kill -9 was a new one on me!

Might the code have ended up with all threads stuck in OS calls?  It feels a
little unlikely, as I assume the JVM keeps a couple of threads for itself...

                - Peter