Hi Folks,

I recently installed tomcat version 6 on my Windows XP laptop in order to
test some Java servlets.
Windows XP is fully up to date with all service updates and security
updates.
I believe that I followed all the installation instructions correctly and
Tomcat reports that it is running using port 8080 very soon after I start
it.
I tried to fire up the examples supplied with Tomcat by using the address in
IE "http://localhost:8080, as described in the Tomcat instructions. This
resulted in an Error 404 which stated that the server was running but the
webpages could not be accessed.
I also tried to run my test servlet with the same result.
I tried stopping Tomcat to check whether there was another webserver
running. When I tried to run my test servlet without Tomcat running, it
failed with an error saying that there was no service. From this I assume
that there was not another webserver running.
I discovered that I had multiple Java directories in C:\Program Files and
have decided to start completely from scratch by uninstalling all Java
versions and Tomcat.
I have successfully uninstalled all Java instances and checked that their
directories have been removed from C:\Program Files.
However, I cannot find any standad method of uninstalling Tomcat, which is
installed at c:\tomcat
It does not appear in the list of installed programs in the Control
Panel/Add or Remove Programs list.
Nor can I find any program called uninstall in the tomcat directories.
Nor can I find any reference to uninstall in any of the tomcat
documentation.
I have tried searching the Tomcat wiki for uninstall information but got
zero responses.

Can I just delete the tomcat directory?
or will this leave orphan Windows registry elements hanging around?
I would not want to edit the Windows registry directly myself at my
currently level of knowledge and experience.

Or is their an uninstall process / program that I can use?

I hope that someone can help me.

Best Regards,

Pete