Ken Bowen wrote:
Of course, Google is your friend:
Results 1 - 10 of about 237,000 for hello world servlet. (0.23 seconds)
:-)

Yeah, I got that too.
That's the problem though : which one to choose ?

Never mind, and apologies, I think I'll use the first one :

package test;

import java.io.*;

import javax.servlet.http.*;
import javax.servlet.*;

public class HelloServlet extends HttpServlet {
  public void doGet (HttpServletRequest req,
                     HttpServletResponse res)
    throws ServletException, IOException
  {
    PrintWriter out = res.getWriter();

    out.println("Hello, world!");
    out.close();
  }
}

But now, a trickier question :

I already have a servlet filter, in front of a servlet which I need anyway.
Can I, in the filter, and based on some characteristic of the request, return a response to the caller immediately, bypassing the servlet entirely ?