> From: motit [mailto:moti....@expand.com]
> Subject: RE: Using precompiled JSPs
>
> 1. see my ant script below

You should be using the one from the Tomcat doc; yours fails to perform a
couple of critical steps.

> 2. I didn't change the jasper's package name hierarchy
> (e.g org.apache.jsp)

But did you use it when putting your class files under WEB-INF/classes?

> 3. I did update my war's web.xml with the jspservet
> mapping with *.jsp

Unnecessary and a complete waste of time.  It's inclusion of the mappings for
the generated servlets that's critical.

> 4.      I have assisted by
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jasper-howto.html

That's the correct doc, but since you didn't use the published script, you
didn't generate the necessary servlet mappings.  Use the correct script, and
make sure you perform this part:

"Then, the declarations and mappings for the servlets which were generated
during the precompilation must be added to the web application deployment
descriptor. Insert the ${webapp.path}/WEB-INF/generated_web.xml at the right
place inside the ${webapp.path}/WEB-INF/web.xml file."

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.