hello all!

I am currently using tomcat 5.5 on my labtop which is running on ubuntu.
When I access http://localhost:8080/ , i get the default page, which is a
good news( meaning tomcat is running) However when I try to place my own
html folder(called mms_test) in /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT and then try
to reload the page using  http://localhost:8080/mms_test , i get this error:
HTTP Status 404 - /mms_test

*type* Status report

*message* */mms_test*

*description* *The requested resource (/mms_test) is not available.*

any idea why?

your help is very much appreciated!

best regards