> Because there isn't one.  You can use one of the searchable lists to find
> announcements (e.g., http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user, search for ANN), or

searching for a subject "ann" does not work for me on the above link. the
results are from other lists.

> look on the appropriate web page for security:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/security.html

I want to be informed passively because i have other things to than "hunting".

I use digest mailing list tomcat user so i cannot configure a subject filter.

I would have to register a second mail account.

That's all too complicated.

Why don't You just create one more mailing list.
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger