> From: arturoguedez [mailto:arturo.gue...@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 6 JDBC connection not found
>

> The hibernate jars are in my WAR, and the mysql jars
> are in my WAR and in TOMCAT/lib.

There's one problem: the MySQL jars must be *only* in Tomcat's lib directory;
you must remove them from the .war file.  Having them in both places results in
some of the classes being loaded by Tomcat's classloader, and some by the
webapp classloader.  Since they're under separate classloaders, they are not
castable to each other, and confusion reigns.  The driver jar must be in
Tomcat's lib directory in order to be accessible by the DB pool classes.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.