Hi,

I have an application using form based authentication. Is it possible to use
the same form as a "stand-alone" login screen? Default, if you enter the url of
the form manually (or get it from your browser's history) and you submit it,
you get an error message. You always have a smart-ass who will do this, so I
want to have my application properly handle it and never want error screen to
show.

I would venture a guess that you just have to configure a proper servlet
mapping for the j_security_check action to enable you to use the form directly
also, but would that then cause problems for the server authentication? Or
would Tomcat be able to handle this?

And the j_security_check action would then probably have to be configured so
that no authentication is needed for it to execute, right? Otherwise I'll land
in a loop.

Thanks!

Charl