Hello all,
not sure if this should be asked here or in the apache list so I will try
here first.

I have an application running completely inside of tomcat 6...lets call it
webappTomcat which runs on port 8084.

A coworker developed an application that runs mainly on apache(html and
javascript) although he makes ajax requests to servlets. Lets call it
webappApache.
When he makes his ajax requests he does so through a pseudo proxy(to allow
cross domain) that is written in python. This proxy resides in apache on
port 80.

We need to merge both applications. I want to merge webappApache
*into*webappTomcat.

Basically bring all of the html and javascript code from webappApache into
webappTomcat and retain the use of the proxy on Apache for cross domain
calls.

When I do this, the calls to the apache python proxy fail. It seem like
there is no *path* to the proxy from tomcat.

example:

http://localhost:8084/webappTomcat/index.jsp makes an ajax call through the
proxy to http://localhost:8084/anotherTomcatWebApp/Servlet

http://localhost:8084/webappTomcat/index.jsp --->
http://localhost/webappApache/pythonProxy.py  --->
http://localhost:8084/anotherTomcatWebApp/Servlet

so the request would look something like this:

from webappTomcat an ajax request to
http://localhost/webappApache/pythonProxy.py?url=http://localhost:8084/anotherTomcatWebAppServlet?parameterX=345&parameterY=199

Is there some configuration needed on tomcat for this to work?

Keep in mind that this is not a real proxy(ie, no cacheing or anything like
that).

We were thinking that perhaps a java proxy(residing in tomcat) that makes a
call to the python proxy(residing in apache) would be what we need but it
seems kind of hacky.

Thanks in advance!