You did not mention if ssl worked with tomcat in the standalone mode(without
ISAPI).
can you access https://localhost:8084/yourwebapp?

If not:

Perhaps you need to uncomment ssl support in server.xml file
Uncomment the second block and restart.
<!--
 Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
         This connector uses the JSSE configuration, when using APR, the
         connector should be using the OpenSSL style configuration
         described in the APR documentation
-->
−
<!--

    <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

-->

HTH.