Joseph Millet wrote:
Hi all,

in my opinion MySql as previously said is a lot easier to administrate, and
more "developer friendly" than postgre - even if its process managements is
far from being good (some single query may bring it down - as far as I could
see so far using 5.1.22 and many previous versions... ). However one has to
think about the future of both these 2 DBMS and since Sun bought MySql
lately I'm pretty sure anything MySql lakes compared against postgre will
soon be caught up.

Joseph

This is getting very off-topic, but Sun buying MySQL AB has so far
hindered the improvement of the MySQL database engine. See the blog
postings by Monty Widenius (creator of MySQL) and other Sun/MySQL AB
engineers, where they acknowledge that version 5 was not fit for release
and that version 6 is little better. If Widenius is to be believed, then
the release of known to be buggy versions of MySQL are down to pressure
from Sun to get something, anything, to market. A cynic would say that's
always been part of MySQL's problems, and that it's generally true of
most commercial software (open or closed source).

Chris
--

Chris Wareham
Senior Software Engineer

Tel:  +44 (0)20 7234 5848
Fax: +44 (0)20 7234 5753

www.visitlondon.com

'Visit London Limited' is registered in England under No.761149;
Registered Office: Visit London, 2 More London Riverside, London SE1 2RR.

Visit London is the official visitor organisation for London. Visit London is
partly funded by Partnership, the Mayor's London Development Agency and London
Councils.
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for the
named recipient(s) only.  If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and then delete the message.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email. The views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not of Visit London.
We reserve the right to read and monitor any email or attachment entering or
leaving our systems without prior notice.