Gregor Schneider wrote:
Well, if you don't want to deal with the APR (which I don't think is
all that complicated), maybe new NIO-connector is worth a try:

However, I haven't seen any benchmarks comparing NIO with APR,
especially when it comes to SSL

Btw., a hardware-loadbalancer is not all that expensive...
It is when you're talking commercial software using Tomcat. If this was an internal usage of Tomcat, fine and good. Telling everyone that uses your product on Tomcat to use a hardware load balancer just to have more than one Tomcat serving the load is a non-starter, though.

--
Jess Holle