2009/1/30 Ladislav Gaspar <ladislav.gas...@it-vision.com>:

> As I wrote in the original post
>>(I've cleaned up the classpath, there are no duplicate servlet-api.jar files
>>around)
>
> The servlet-api.jar is there and it's also in the classpath. (in
> $catalina_home/lib)

I do not understand.  "is there and it's also"  It should be in one
place exactly. And it should NOT be mentioned in any %CLASSPATH%
variable (you should not adjust %CLASSPATH%, as it breaks classloading
hierarchy).

Also, how you are starting Tomcat (service? bat file? from inside an
IDE ?), and at what exact moment (at what step?, what you are doing?)
the message is displayed?

Also, the stacktrace that you cited - is it from the log file?

Can you provide a longer stacktrace? I am wondering where that class

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko