> From: Ishtiaq Ahmed [mailto:ishtiaq.ah...@ooober.com]
> I know this has been discussed many time but couldn't find the exact
> thing I am looking for. I am deploying several application
> over tomcat6.
> Each having its own libraries in "WEB-INF/lib". Many of the
> applications
> are using the same libraries like " hibernate3.jar" so this is
> increasing the size of the deployment. What I want to do is
> to copy all
> those libraries in a single location something like
> "/opt/java/jre/lib/ext" and let all the application use
> that...

Is the size of the deployment actually a problem for you, or are you trying to
tidy up?

Unless the size of the deployment is really, genuinely a problem, I'd keep the
jars in each application.  Yes, it costs a little disk space.  Yet, it costs a
little memory.  It will save you many headaches when one application's library
version changes - you will be able to redeploy that single application without
worrying about versioning of the other libraries.

If the size of the deployment is really a problem, read
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html and choose
whether you want to put your jars in $CATALINA_HOME/lib.

                - Peter