Hi Ray,

On Mon, February 2, 2009 1:59 pm, Ray Holme wrote:
> I run tomcat 6 on Linux and have multiple applications in development
> mode. From my testing I have discovered that a Java bean shared by all
> applications and with ALL methods as static SEEMS to have  a separate
> instance for each appliction - i.e.
look at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

> cool, but it means that each application must do a
>   System.gc()
If you have to do a System.gc() by yourself, you (most) probably did
something wrong with your Bean. And be careful with that call. First the
jvm is free to ignore it. Second it can be a major performance hit. We
once found an application to call System.gc() with every get|post call. We
disabled the System.gc() functionality by starting the jvm with
-XX:+DisableExplicitGC.

Bye
 Felix