2009/2/3 chuckvb <ch...@atnr.com>:

> I have a basic configuration working where Apache serves my static html and
> tomcat provides my dynamic data.  Using Apache2 on linux with TomCat 6 and
> mod_jk.
>
> How do I include header files and other files from apache for my
> tomcat jsp files.  right now I use <%@ include file="/header.html"%>
> but the header.html file must be in my tomcat directory.  I would like
> to pull that file from apache.  Tomcat will not accept <%@ include
> file="http://www.myapp.com/header.html"%>
> --

I know of the following ways:

1) write a ServletContextListener that pulls those files from Apache,

2) set allowLinking="true" on <Content> element in
META-INF/context.xml and use symbolic links

3) provide your own implementation of javax.naming.directory.DirContext

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/resources.html

4) the c:import tag of JavaServer Pages™ Standard Tag Library 1.1 allows
specifying absolute URLs. I have not used that tag, though.

5) use SSIServlet.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssi-howto.html

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko