> From: Dave Pawson [mailto:dave.paw...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: servlet use. TC6, FC10
>
> My interpretation, seemingly wrong is that my servlet class must
> implement org.apache.catalina.Context.

Definitely the wrong interpretation.  Read the servlet spec.

> I created a context element in META-INF, filename atom.xml
> contents are
>
> <Context         reloadable="true"/>

O.K.

> Nothing showing in the log.
> http://marge:8080/atom/  shows
>
> type Status report
> message /atom/
> description The requested resource (/atom/) is not available.

And what is under the webapps/atom directory (or inside the webapps/atom.war
file)?  What's in WEB-INF/web.xml of your webbapp?  Do you have any welcome
files in your webapp?

> Hence my request for a 'hello' world to try and get a (any?)
> servlet working

Do the sample servlets that come with Tomcat work?  Most of those are small and
easy to modify for experimentation purposes.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.