> From: Steve Mysterious [mailto:tinker...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 6: How to tell a Context/Webapp where to
> look for files?
>
> Unfortunately I don't have the option of altering the part of the code
> where the context(web application) reads in the file it needs.

Then you're pretty much out of luck - that code is broken.

> I could reset CATALINA_BASE to point to somewhere else

No, you can't.  CATALINA_BASE is needed for the Tomcat startup scripts; don't
even think about changing it.

> I have multipe contexts(web applications ) and I need each
> to have its own unique directory to go look for files in.

Which is why you need to fix the code.

> Is it possible that I could make each context get a different
> CATALINA_BASE (or other) variable or otherwise get accomplish
> the same goal?

Not without changing the code in the webapp.  It appears to be blindly trying
to open files under whatever the current directory is - never a wise thing to
do.

> I'm still new to navigating around the docs and the new tomcat

Nothing to do with Tomcat - this is bad application design.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.