One idea might be to have specific "case studies". By that I mean way to opften when some things are explained some details are assumed and not really explained, such as what directory to put things in; it leave people trying to figure out what is implied by "put in class directory" or such, which can be confusing for a new person. How about showing specific cases and giving the full path of things and even having a URL where people can look at and with an interface that can navigate the directories?

It's just an idea to avoid a lot of "stupid" questions.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Pawson" <dave.paw...@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 6:39 AM
Subject: Re: Simple Tomcat 6, servlet tutorial. First draft for comment

2009/2/10 Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>:
What benefit do you get from running it with JSVC, vs just writing a simple
script into /etc/init.d/ to manage it yourself?

It was offered. I went to the trouble of amending it to make it work.
I do manage it myself? How would another script in init.d help?

regards

Filip

Dave Pawson wrote:

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/tomcat

Any feedback/improvements appreciated. Particularly any errors.

Meant as a simple example of getting a first servlet working, based on
help I received from this list.

regards

Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.