Hi,

I'm brand new to clustering and read through the docs at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html to get a better
understanding of how it works.  I tried the settings I would have expected
to work, and on startup, I can see both tomcat's communicate and join the
cluster (via standard logging).  However, it seems as though my sessions are
not replicating properly.

Given that I probably messed something up along the line, I wanted to try
and see if I could enable better logging.  At the bottom of the how-to page,
it indicates that monitoring can be done via JMX.  So I enabled JMX, and
launched jConsole to connect.  However, once connected, I don't see any
cluster MBeans defined anywhere.  Am I missing something obvious somewhere?
I've pasted an excerpt of my startup log at the bottom that indicates (I
think) that the cluster has launched properly.  However, the only MBeans I
see are the JvmRouteBinderValve and ReplicationValve listed under the Valve
bean.  I don't see any beans for Cluster or for the Manager.  I have tried
both with the cluster configuration under the Host and Engine with no
difference.  I did get one warning (see below) regarding the
SimpleTcpCluster, but didn't expect that to be anything critical as I am
using all the default params.

I figure there must be another way to enable some more detailed logging
elsewhere so that I can see the tomcat instances communicating.  Can anyone
direct me to the right place how/where to enable that?  I can't seem to find
that in the docs anywhere.

Thanks for any help!

Eric

Feb 10, 2009 5:32:22 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster
setProperty
WARNING: Dynamic setProperty(className,value) has been disabled, please use
explicit properties for the element you are trying to identify
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.14
Feb 10, 2009 5:14:54 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster start
INFO: Cluster is about to start
Feb 10, 2009 5:14:54 PM org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReceiverBase
bind
INFO: Receiver Server Socket bound to:/192.168.103.103:4000
Feb 10, 2009 5:14:54 PM
org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl setupSocket
INFO: Setting cluster mcast soTimeout to 500
Feb 10, 2009 5:14:54 PM
org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
INFO: Sleeping for 1000 milliseconds to establish cluster membership, start
level:4
Feb 10, 2009 5:14:55 PM
org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
INFO: Done sleeping, membership established, start level:4
Feb 10, 2009 5:14:55 PM
org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
INFO: Sleeping for 1000 milliseconds to establish cluster membership, start
level:8
Feb 10, 2009 5:14:56 PM
org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastServiceImpl waitForMembers
INFO: Done sleeping, membership established, start level:8
Feb 10, 2009 5:33:27 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve
start
INFO: JvmRouteBinderValve started