To the OP:

If you can hold it for a while:

I'll be on the Hackation during the ApacheConEurope in March and will
provide a small piece of code there, whis is basically a LoginValve
doing the following:

- You can customize the url Tomcat shall call if authentication times out
- Since a valve can be used both on server and context-level, you can
use it quite flexible.

However, will still have to test it and write some docs for it, but
that should be done by then.

The most complicated thing is to set up a working environment for the
Tomcat-sources in Eclipse.... *sic*

If your request is all that urgent, I might send you a working copy beforehand.

Rgds

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2