Thanks for the response Chuck.

I took a look at the tomcat process on my box and it has this:

        sockname: AF_INET6 ::ffff:127.0.0.1  port: 8080

Basically, its localhost.

I can't telnet or ping.  Our ISP sysadmin disabled those on the firewall.

Someone else said I need to bind it to the ipaddr of the box (OpenSolaris btw),
but I'm not sure how to do that.

Frank
> Can someone pls point me in the right direction on
> how to configure tomcat to accept browser requests
> from outside the box?

No configuration necessary - unless you changed something in server.xml, To=
mcat binds to 0.0.0.0, so it listens on all IP addresses configured for the=
 box it's running on.  There very likely *is* a firewall blocking port 8080=
 somewhere between your browser and the Tomcat system - it might even be on=
 your XP box at home.

Can you reach the target system with a ping?

--
| Crossroads Technologies Inc.                 |