if you were forwarding..that would be a TC error

a redirect sends response back to browser-client
its up to browser-client to then accept the response and re-direct the client
Request to new url

//an alternative strategy would be to build the URL consisting of URL and
http-get parameters e.g.
String url_string ="http://somehost.com"+"&parm1=value1&parm2=value2";;
//call the URL directly (essantially a forward as the session is preserved)
java.net.URL url = new java.net.URL(url_string);
//read the response from url into Buffered Reader
BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(url.openStream()));

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.