On 26.02.2009, at 20:13, Christopher Schultz wrote:

Marcel,

On 2/26/2009 10:21 AM, Marcel Stör wrote:
If I request a protected URL (manually clicking
link, AJAX request, etc.) *after* the session has timed out I expect an automatic forwarding to the login page. As I could see while debugging, the request dispatcher does indeed issue a forward() to the login page
but nothing happens.

Error logs? HTTP dump? Note that Tomcat 5.0 has been unsupported for
quite a while. I recommend planning an upgrade SOON.

I'll gather some more information...
I know. It's just that Google's GWT setup for local development ships with 5.0.28 embedded. We don't use 5.0 in production, don't worry.

I'm sure either, I saw it in some tutorial. Since I don't have a role
table (right, JDBCRealm complains about that, but whatever...) it
basically means that I don't use role based access.

Technically speaking, no roles defined = no access. Practically
speaking, I don't believe Tomcat forces any roles to be defined when "*"
is the role-name required by the security-constraint.

No, I only mentioned this because Tomcat throws an SQL exception because it tries to query a table called "" if I don't specify a role table in the realm config in context.xml

Regards,
Marcel

--
Marcel Stör, http://www.frightanic.com