I have a tomcat farm behind an apache httpd cluster, each apache http server
have a jk connector connected to three tomcat.

Each tomcat have a max active session limit (let's say 10).

I configured a load balanced worker with three worker.
I would like to disable the worker related to the tomcat server that reach
the max active session limit.

I see the fail_on_status directive in jk doc
(http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html). I can use
it to deactivate (stop) the worker on a status code, but all the previous
session on this tomcat will get an error and they will be redirected on
another worker loosing session data (sticky session is required by
application).

There is no disable_on_status directive or something that exclude a worker
only for request requiring new session?

Thanks in advance.
Matteo