Well, a very generic way of getting a hold of a "click" in the kind of setting you're describing would be to an an "onclick" to the link, invoking some Javascript doing whatever you want. Maybe something like <a href="tel:5555555555 onclick="myCalltrackingCode();">here</a> to listen!
Almost all html entities support onclick.

--Ken