I have tomcat running behind apache http server 2.0 using mod_jk. I have
noticed that this causes any response to request for files in tomcat that
return a 304 status code, to also have a 20 byte message body attached to the
response. This causes our load balancer to think this is an error as according
to rfc2616 304s must NOT contain any message body.

If I directly go to file in docroot of the webserver, there is no problem, but
if files are requested from tomcat via mod_jk,  it is causing issues.

Anyone faced this issue?
I am using tomcat 5.5.16, with apache 2.0.59 on suse linux 9.

Thanks