Hi All,

I hope this is the correct list to post the following issue to, apologies
if it isn't.

I am currently supporting a number of Apache 2.0.59 server with Mod_JK
1.2.25, connecting to a jboss backend.  Most of the time the system runs
without any problems, however sometimes users can receive data from another
users session... I know sounds like a load of rubbish (that's what I though
when I first heard the problem.).  Sometimes (seemingly at random) a users
browser will make a request, and the wrong object will be returned.

For example when sitting on an arbitrary page, just hitting refresh (with
caching disabled in the browser), I can eventually end up with a gif being
pulled by the browser, instead of the web page...
I've looked into it with tcpdump, and confirmed that that a valid http
request is sent by the browser, but apache returns a gif image (its not
redirected, the gif is returned as the data for that url).  I've also
confirmed that the correct data is returned from jboss to apache (using
tcpdump), so I'm confident the issue lies with with apache/mod_jk....

I have seen a couple of issues in the change logs from more recent versions
of mod_jk, but unfortunately there's no specific information on the problem
and we're not in a position to upgrade either apache or mod_jk currently.

I guess I'm really asking is this an issue people have seen before? Is it a
bug in mod_jk, or could it be something else?  I was thinking it could be
something to do with the connection pool mod_jk uses to connect to
jboss.... Do people think using "JkOption +DisableReuse" may help? (I know
its a horrible work around the issue)

Thanks in advance!

Alex