AlexElba wrote:
Hello,
Are they any static variables that tomcat will set when user will try to
shutdown tomcat?

And how do you think a user would try to do that ?

And just assuming the user would succeed in such an attempt, and Tomcat would shutdown, what good would it do if it set a static variable just before ?

What was it ? "have a beer and rethink your concept" ?

If you have further questions, can you also maybe specify on which kind of system you are, with what operating system, which Tomcat version, etc.. It may help answer more helpfully.

(I also have this lingering doubt about the very wisdom of "setting a static variable", but that may just be my lack of Java knowledge).