Hi!
Thanks for the really quick answer.
It's probabily something really basic to do, but I'm a newbie and I'm not able to do it:
I have an application (lets call it APP1) and it's organized like this:

APP1
----- WEB-INF
+++++++ lib
............................. myJar.jar (contains the package org.imin.treemenu) -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.- myServlet (org.imin.treemenu.TreeMenuServlet)
----- web.xml

Now I need to register _myServlet_ in the deploy descriptor and I write these lines in web.xml:
<servlet>
       <description></description>
       <display-name>TreeMenuServlet</display-name>
       <servlet-name>TreeMenuServlet</servlet-name>
       <servlet-class>org.imin.treemenu.TreeMenuServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>TreeMenuServlet</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/TreeMenuServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

When I try my application and I click on the button which make an AJAX post request on this servlet the browser returns an error (404 not found)

Sorry to bother but I'm new!
Thanks

Sergio

From: Sergio Arrighi [mailto:sergio.arri...@iminholding.com] Subject: Servlet mapping issue

Here's my question.... Is it possible to add a servlet mapping which points directly to the servlet contained in the .jar file
of my tree menu?

Well... yes.  Servlet mapping is explained in the servlet spec, and there are
numerous examples that ship with Tomcat.

Is there more to your question?  Perhaps some constraints that you haven't
mentioned?

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.

        *I.M.I.N. Holding s.r.l.*