Hi list,

I'm having a 404 error whenever I try to browse a JSP owned by a user (eg: http://server:8080/~paul/test.jsp)

type Status report
message /~paul/test.jsp
description The requested resource (/~paul/test.jsp) is not available.

I guess the trouble comes from my NFS share, since users home directories are stored on another server.

If I change the homedirectory to a local directory, it works fine.

If I use a context to the NFS share, it works too.
eg, in my server.xml:
<Context path="/~paul" docBase="/NFS/homes/paul/public_html/" crossContext="true" debug="1" reloadable="true" />

But this doesn't work:
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.startup.UserConfig"
    directoryName="public_html"
    homeBase="/NFS/homes/"
    userClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.HomesUserDatabase"/>

I'm using Apache 2.2.9 (from debian lenny),
Tomcat 6.0.18
mod_jk 1.2.27
Users are refered in an LDAP directory (but of course, they are recognized by the box and Apache mod_userdir since http://server/~paul will display the right index.html)

Is it a bug?
Thanks for your help or any information.

Anthony