http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tomcat+mysql+tutorial

E.g.,

http://www.roseindia.net/mysql/mysqldatabase.shtml

Tomas Rodriguez wrote:
Hi all
I'm new in Tomcat and java, I installed already Tomcat 6.0 for windows 2000, I have to mysql server and the connector/j for work together mysql and Tomcat. I declare a variable for connector mysql/j in panel control/system/advance(enviroment variable) , this variable have the mysql connector path, I test the tomcat doing http://localhost:8080 and every is ok, but my problem is.

How Can I know that my connector java work with mysql without any problem?, what file I'll need change in the directory tomcat . please somebody can help me, I wanna learn tomcat for developer a project very important to me.

thanks
have  a great day.
sincerely
TOMAS