I'm not sure why you would want to have Apache configured in eclipse?

if i were you i would use only eclipse + tomcat for my development and
when ever i want to
test some Apache related configurations i will then do the
configurations manually.

afaik there is nothing (plug in) that takes care of Apache web server
configurations in eclipse.

Yassine

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Wesley Acheson
<wesley.ache...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if they know of another list where I can ask my
> questions.  I thought tomcat would be most appropiate as its 2/4 tomcat 1/4
> apache and 1/4 eclipse.
>

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Wesley Acheson
> <wesley.ache...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I wish to launch tomcat from eclipse either using the conf files in my
>> tomcat installation directory or with a similar configuration through
>> eclipse on apache.
>>
>> The steps that I've already got working are as follows.
>>
>> I've installed XAMPP for apache and ssl support.
>>
>> I've installed tomcat.
>>
>> I've got apache forwarding requests to tomcat on both ports 443 and 80.
>> (https and http).
>>
>> I've set up the root application with reloadable="true" and a path to
>> within my workspace.
>>
>> So far so good. Changing a file in this directory appears immediatly
>> through tomcat started with the start bat file.
>>
>> However if I define the server in eclipse and start it, navigating to
>> localhost:8080 gives a 404 error.  Now I guess this is expected as eclipse
>> is managing tomcat.
>>
>> I don't know however to do three things.
>>

>>    1. Start apache + tomcat through eclipse. (Necessary for SSL)
>>    2. Start a root application through eclipse.
>>    3. Have autocompile on in an eclipse project.  (I don't like the
>>    rebuilding and deploying a WAR file as you loose session infomation and
>> its
>>    quite unnecessary near the start of a development cycle when trivial JSP
>>    changes are involved)
>>

>> I hope that someone can help me with any or all of the above points.
>>
>> One last question is it possible for launching apache to launch tomcat?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Wesley Acheson

Yassine Elassad
Bonn, Germany.
Fon : +49 228 97629355
Mobile : +49 157 74519666

PEACE :
( P ) Positive ( E ) Energy ( A ) Always ( C ) Correct ( E ) Errors.