Hello,

In my project, we are using Tomcat 6.0.18, with APR 1.2.12 and tc native 1.1.14 on an Redhat OS (Linux kernel 2.6.18).
There is a behavior that I can't explain:

-with connectionTimeout="0", the process tomcat uses a huge percentage
of CPU, even if there is no traffic.
but we doesn't observe any problem and the response time is good.

-with connectionTimeout="5000", the process tomcat uses a normal
percentage of CPU, when there is no traffic.

-without APR and with connectionTimeout="0", the process tomcat uses a
normal percentage of CPU when there is no traffic.

After different searches on the web, tomcat manual and mailing lists, I
don't find the reason of the link between CPU usage and
connectionTimeout/keepAliveTimeout with APR.
With the previous release of Tomcat (5.5) and APR, we have a similar CPU
usage (without traffic, high CPU load) and when we modify another
parameter ("firstReadTimeout"), the behavior also changes in the same way.

I know there is no real trouble, but I'm curious and prudent: I don't
like to do something, when I don't understand what is hidden behind.
Could somebody explain to me why Tomcat/APR has these behaviors?
Is there a performance risk to set connectionTimeout to 5000?

Thank you for your answers.
Yann