I put Lambda Probe (http://www.lambdaprobe.org/d/index.htm) on the web server to monitor some of the memory usage. Here's what I'm finding after 20 minutes of running. Keep in mind this is without SSL enabled.

Name    Usage score     Plot    Used    Committed       Maximum         Initial
        Group
Tenured Gen 129.73Mb    138.86Mb        945.25Mb        118.19Mb        HEAP
Perm Gen        45.88Mb         46.00Mb         64.00Mb         12.00Mb
NON_HEAP
Survivor Space 957.74Kb         1.13Mb  7.88Mb  960.00Kb        HEAP
Code Cache 12.19Mb      12.22Mb         32.00Mb         192.00Kb        NON_HEAP
Eden Space 6.75Mb       9.38Mb  63.00Mb         7.94Mb  HEAP
Total 195.48Mb  207.58Mb        1.09Gb  139.25Mb        TOTAL

Everything is running fine at the moment but I'm a little concerned about Perm Gen and the space we have allocated for it. I imagine that it's possible, with SSL enabled, that the space is being used up. Is there enough overhead with SSL to have this scenario? I did some reading on Perm Gen and we do use an extensive about of Hibernate in this application, and it's JSF based.

Chris Stewart
cstewart...@gmail.com