> From: S Arvind [mailto:arvindw...@gmail.com]
> Is there any good settings for GC for tomcat running in
> server with 4GB and Quad Core processor.

"As much RAM as the OS doesn't need for other purposes".  There's no straiht
answer for this, as it depends what else is running on the box.  You might try
initial and maximum heap sizes of 3 Gbytes, but that's a finger-in-the-air
guess.  Try it; measure it; and adjust it if your application spends a lot of
time collecting garbage, or if the OS starts using its swap file.

> I bascially need GC parameter for
> RESOURCE HUNGRY WEB APPLICATION

I'm going to make a prediction: it doesn't matter how much RAM you allocate,
you won't have enough.  You will still run out of memory and have to restart
Tomcat.  I think this, because I think you have a memory leak in your
application.

                - Peter