>Now why would you want to do that ?
I want to connect applications: one is running on Tomcat (Java/Struts) with
another (php).

I have an application running on Tomcat that has a link to other application
which is on another server. Application on another server is protected with:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication

I want to pass credentials after link is clicked, so I don't need to fill
the username and password informations. I see that I might need to add row:
"Authorization: Basic QWxhZGRpbjpvcGVuIHNlc2FtZQ=="
in the request header.

Is this possible to do? How?

Regards