-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2009 15:20
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: RE: Multiple Context and Websites

> From: Alexander Diedler [mailto:adied...@tecracer.de]
> Subject: Multiple Context and Websites
>
> In the /conf/Catalina/localhost/ there are tomcat1.xml  with this code:
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <Context path="/tomcat1" reloadable="true"
> docBase="C:\Inetpub\tomcat\Webseite1" distributable="true"></Context>

Take out the path attribute; it's not allowed.
AD : Done

> and tomcat2.xml :
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <Context path="/tomcat2" reloadable="true"
> docBase="C:\Inetpub\tomcat\Webseite2" distributable="true"></Context>

Take out the path attribute, it's not allowed.
AD : Done

> In the server.xml I add this lines:
> <Host name="tomcat1.de"

You may not need a second <Host>, depending on what you're really trying to
achieve (which is not at all clear).
AD : But we want to use different Hostnames, it cannot be placed in the
localhost?

> But a http://tomcat1.de:8080/  results a 400 Error

Which it should - you have no default application for that <Host>.

> http://localhost:8080/tomcat1/  show me the content of the Application.

As it should, given your configuration.

> What´s wrong?

Nothing so far.

> I target is to have multiple Applications, that can be restarted with
> Tomcat Manager and will be opened by the URL http://tomcat1.de/
> (without the /tomcat1 Prefix)

How do you expect to have multiple webapps opened by a single URL (that's what
the above statement says)?  What are you really trying to achieve?  Do you want
multiple hosts, each with a default webapp, or do you want multiple webapps for
a single host?

AD: Some Websites (Applications) should be hosted on this Tomcat e.g.
applicationA.domain.de, applicationB.domain.de and every Website has it own
directory on HDD. But it is not inside the Tomcat Folders.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.