Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: A A [mailto:masvalesolo...@yahoo.es]
Subject: Re: Tomcat Language

Checking java variables with and jsp in each tomcat, we see that
java.text.DateFormat.getInstance() returns mm/dd/yy in the english
manager and dd/mm/yy in the spanish manager.

Any suggestion?

Examine the system properties in each Tomcat instance; this can be done with
JConsole, but installing Lambda Probe makes it easier.  Compare the two sets
for differences, especially the user.country and user.language settings.

This happened to one other user a few months ago, and was found to be caused by
a webapp setting those variables on the fly (as I recall).  Since they're
global, it affected everything in the JVM.

As I am this other user, I confirm (except that in my case the Tomcat Manager started talking German one day, not Spanish). As I recall, at some point we added a webapp, which was setting (for itself basically) the user.country and user.language properties when it was loaded. Since you cannot really control the order in which Tomcat loads the various webapps, it was a bit random as a result. If you have a webapp that sets these properties, remove it temporarily, restart Tomcat, and check if that changes the Manager language.